Cardio workouts are NOT my favorite. However, it’s something I have to do every week. It helps me to stay in shape and keep my weight where it needs to be for modeling. As an added bonus, it also helps me to relieve stress and get out any aggression I might be feeling (what are YOU looking at ???).
Music is key for me to stay motivated to do my cardio work.
Here are 5 tips to incorporate music playlists to keep you going:
1. Choose high BPM (beats per minute) songs to play while getting ready as well as working out.
If you need help finding out how many beats per minute each song has, there’s an APP for that. Check out TAP for Macs that you can add to your Apple dashboard to calculate BPM.
2. Pick songs you absolutely love at this moment, not ones that are overplayed on your iPod. You’ll look forward to the next song and stay with the program.
3. Make your playlists exactly the length of time you want to workout. (eg: 30 min / 1 hr ) When you create a playlist on iTunes it automatically tells you on the bottom how long your playlist is.
4. Use your choice of songs for interval training to tell you when to speed up and when to slow down without having to look at time.
5. If you still get bored or can’t stay motivated to do a full hour, make a 15 min playlist of your ultimate favorite songs. After each 15 min session move onto a different exercise machine. Breaking up the monotony can help you get the full hour and results you want.
My 30 Minute Dance Cardio Playlist:
Feel so close (Benny Benassi remix), Calvin Harris
Ready 2 Go, Martin Solvieg & Kele
Beautiful People (feat. Benny Benassi), Chris Brown
Pressure (Alesso Radio Edit), Nadia Ali, Starkillers & Alex Kenji
Kickstarts (Bar 9 Remix), Example
*click on the songs to see the music videos